Our approach to Residential architecture makes the most out of the relationship that we form with the client. We take the time to learn about how the client goes through their daily life, and then we use architecture to enhance that experience.
Creating volumes of space within the house in this manner insures that the client will feel comfortable and inspired. The process we use for a project teaches about the house, the client, and the challenges that need to be met for the design to be successful. The development of the project is an evolution that takes into account the goals of the client, the limits of the budget and the reality of the site/home
Five design principles for residential design:
- Team - Design requires many minds and hands working together.
- Flexibility - The design needs to accommodate the user as change occurs
- Exterior image and detailing - The exterior sets the perceptions.
- Interior views - Views within the house connect the spaces.
- Lighting - Natural and artificial light, color and textures bring the space to life.